Mold Facts

Q:How Am I Exposed To Indoor Molds?

A: Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is common to find mold spores in any home or building and growing on damp surfaces. Much of the mold found indoors comes from outdoor sources. Therefore, everyone is exposed to some mold on a daily basis without evident harm. Mold spores primarily
cause health problems when they enter the air and are inhaled in large numbers.
People can also be exposed to mold through skin contact and eating.

Q: How Much Mold Can Make Me Sick?

A: It depends. For some people, a relatively small number of mold spores can cause health
problems. For other people, it may take many more. “The basic rule is, if you can see it, or smell it, (musty odors) take steps to eliminate the excess moisture, and cleanup and remove the mold as soon as possible.”

PLEASE NOTE: Water damage and Mold is a serious issue. Mold can grow in 48-72 hours. Mold inside a building in unhealthy - no matter what kind. All molds produce chemicals which can be released into the air
causing allergies or mycotoxicosis inside a building.

Q: Who Is At Greater Risk When Exposed to Mold?

A: Exposure to mold is not healthy for anyone inside buildings. It is important to quickly identify and correct any moisture sources before health problems develop.

The following individuals appear to be at higher risk for adverse health effects of molds: infants and children, the elderly, immune compromised patients(people with HIV infection, cancer chemotherapy, liver disease, etc.), pregnant women, individuals with existing respiratory conditions, such as allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity, and asthma.

Q: Are Some Molds More Hazardous Then Others?

A: Allergic persons vary in their sensitivities to mold, both as to amount and type needed to cause reactions. In addition, certain types of molds can produce toxins, called mycotoxins, that the mold uses to inhibit or prevent the growth of other organisms. “Mycotoxins are found in both living and dead mold spores.”
Materials permeated with mold need to be removed, even after they are disinfected with cleaning solutions. Allergic and toxic effects can remain in dead spores. Exposure to mycotoxins may present a greater hazard than that of allergenic or irritative mold.

Q: How Does Mold Affect Asthma?

A: “For people sensitive to molds, inhaling mold spores can cause an asthma attack.”

* Asthma Facts *

Asthma leads to 2 million emergency room visits and 4,000 deaths per year in the U.S.

Every Day:

50,000 people have an asthma attack
39,000 kids miss school due to asthma.
29,000 adults miss work due to asthma.
4,980 people visit the emergency room due to asthma.
1,550 people are admitted to the hospital due to asthma.
13 people die from asthma.
Asthma costs (health care costs and lost productivity) totaled $19 billion in 2014.

Enviromax Services, Inc.

55931 Gratiot Ave,

Chesterfield, Mi 48051

Phone. 586-749-5510


Contact Us

24 Hour Emergency Water Removal

* 586-749-5510 *

Currently serving the following communities in the State of Michigan:

                                                          Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, St. Clair, Lapeer and Sanilac Counties.

We do not sell or market any of your personal contact information to any third party for any reason.
EMS and its' employees are committed to adhering to all regulations pertaining to the National
Do Not Call List. Please note when you contact us via phone and/or email you will become registered
with our company. Although your phone number may be listed on the Do Not Call Registry, we
consider you registered with EMS, and thus giving us authorization to contact you via phone and/or email.